NYC-based music & entertainment company Africology recently released their first music video production entitled “Alegntaye” featuring popular Ethiopian hip-hop artist Teddy Yo and Joe Lox.
Africology is the authentic representation of music, lifestyle and culture of Africa and the Diaspora. It is a multi-media venture, which seeks to fuse the gap between continents and cultures through entertainment, large-scale event organization, social awareness and philanthropy. The company works tirelessly to connect international artists, media developers, creative forces and high-net worth consumers by creating platforms for African entertainers, products and ideas.
This year Africology artists have also been nominated in four categories at the All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA) in Nigeria. Voting for the nominees closes at the end of this month. Africology’s nominations for 2016 AFRIMA include:
- Best African Group / Duo or Band – Jano Band – “Darigne”
- Link to share to public – http://afrima.org/index.php/voting/continental-categories-2016/continental-categories/best-african-group-duoban
- Best African Group / Duo or Band [Rock} – Jano Band – “Darigne”
Link to share to public – http://afrima.org/index.php/voting/continental-categories-2016/continental-categories/best-african-rock
- Most Promising Artist – Anteneh Minalu – “Wayo”
Link to share to public – http://afrima.org/index.php/voting/continental-categories-2016/continental-categories/most-promising-artiste-in
- Best African Artist/Group / Duo / Band (in African Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall) – Anteneh Minalu – “Wayo”