Ethiopia and South Korea have a history of fighting wars together and now this visit will help both countries renew their relationship. South Korea is a well known country for its R&D, and has given the world innovative products via companies like Samsung and LG.
As a result of this visit, Ethiopia will get the chance to host an International ICT conference. Several Ethiopians and Korean university professors, as well as industrial researchers are expected to attend the event. This is expected to open a bridge for a chance to work together for the scholars of these two great nations . The event is expected to be hosted at Capital Hotel from March 26-27, 2016.
According to the call for papers released by the organizers, the two sides are expected to discuss on the following topics:
- Wireless and mobile communication systems and intrastructure
- Communication networks and future Internet technologies
- Information & communication theory and their applications
- Mobile cloud computing and systems
- Smart media, broadcasting and smart devices/applications
- Smart grid intrastructure and applications
- Green communication technologies and solutions
- Maritime communication systems and networks
- Vehicular information and communication technologies
- U-Healthcare systems and Bio-informatics & its applications
- Military and defense technologies
- Public protection & disaster relief communications
- Internet of Things
- Machine-to-machine communication intrastructure and applications
- Encryption and security for ICT convergence
- Other services and applications for ICT convergence
The conference will include plenary sessions, technical sessions, and invited industrial sessions. Keynote Speeches and Special Talks will be delivered by high level VIPs and prominent speakers from KT, ETRI, LG Electronics, Dasan Networks, Ethio Telecom, GSI, HOIMYUNG, LGU+, Seahyun Korea, Wooam and so on.
There is a plan a MoU to be signed between KICS and their Ethiopian counterpart, and discuss a plan to open a KICS branch in Ethiopia. The branch will be responsible to hold similar conferences in the future and facilitate cooperation between the ICT sectors of the two countries.